no where can I find a current post of anyone else who attempted a typical border-run that has the participant going to Paso C, or Rio Sereno, and come back the same day.
Just curious if you, or anyone you know has successfully done what they have done for the past year, to satisfy thier drivers license or the six month requirement.

I went March 13th. Thousands of Cubanos where there and had NO effect on crossing back and forth. Since then, some  Africans (turned away from CR) and more Cubanos have arrived. So, who knows. I had all the doucments just in case; Passport, $500 cash, bank statement, ONWARD travel. You can read on the Panamanian Embassy website-----land, sea or air.......ONWARD travel. The agent for the land, sea or air company is supposed to enforce this before bording any vessel entering Panama (not sell you a one way ticket or show proof of other transportation out of Panama). Now, if you stay past your return flight---you will need new onward travel when exiting and reentering Panama. If you cross the border after the return transportation has expired you will need an updated onward travel. But, they enforce what they see fit on anyday. It depends on the agent at the window. I would suggest stop by migracion office in David and get a copy of the rules. All this uncertified information on the internet gets people in trouble. The Panamanian Embassy is the best. Or at least it used to be.

The agent looked at my passport and did not ask for anything else as far as documents are concerned.

One hour turn around and that's because I sat down and drank a cup of coffee on the CR side.

My first trip here, I bought a bus ticket online from Tracopa (while in the USA) and used it for bording United Airlines in Houston,Texas. Again legally all you need is onward travel. (legally doesn't mean much here. it's the agent at the border.)

HAVING SAID THIS------I GET MY CARNET TODAY IN DAVID!!!