Unread content is missing posts

I have always gone to unread content, because I thought that would be the best way to not miss any new posts.  A few times, after I checked unreads, I went to Activity.  Often in Activity I have found posts that did not show up in Unread Content.  Just today, Evelyn Kendell posted information about the vet, Dr. Batista.  I found it in Activity, but not in Unread Content.  Yesterday someone responded to one of my comments, but that too did not show up on Unread.  Is this a glitch?  I will always check Activity from now on.

• Administrators

Judy, the Unread Content link can be configured in many different ways. Its response depends on how your particular system has been configured. After clicking on Unread Content, try clicking on the link that says "Edit This Stream". There are several parameters within that dialog that can result in what you are experiencing. I recommend that you first focus on the grouping labelled "Time Period". There are other categories to review, but try that one first.

Let me know how this works for you.