Message added by Admin_01

To contact the moderators of this health care forum, please send an email to support@chiriqui.life or a PM (private message) to moderator_03

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

The health care resource listing was updated today to correct location information and to add additional resources in the Physical Therapy category. Refer to the entries for Clinica de Terapia Fisica y Rehabilitación.

• Admin_01 changed the title to Health Care Resources for the Chiriqui Province
On 8/17/2017 at 3:04 PM, Moderator_02 said:

The health care resource listing was updated today to incorporate a new ENT doctor at Mae Lewis: Dr. Mario Grenald.

I recently had occasion to visit Dr. Grenwald on a referral from Dr. Gomez here in Boquete. Dr. Grenwald was thorough and cautious, and he got me where I needed to go. I particularly appreciated all the time he spent with me since I was in a lot of pain and needed to find out what was causing it. He ordered the right tests and, while waiting on the results, gave me medication strong enough to deal with the pain.

• Moderators - Healthcare

Significant updates have been made to the Healthcare Resource list this month. New healthcare professionals have been added, and some corrections have been made. Many are affiliated with Boquete Medical and Associates who will see patients at Alfa Clinica adjacent to La Reyna department store in downtown Boquete.

As always, if you see anything on the listing that needs updating, correction, or even deletion, please PM or email to health.info@chiriqui.life .  It requires a group effort to keep the listing current and accurate. Recommendations are welcome!

The Healthcare Resource Listing has been updated again today to add three new physicians in Boquete, a Podiatrist, and two primary care physicians.

As always, we appreciate tips, suggestions, corrections from the community in order to keep the listing as current and accurate as possible.

The Resource Listing has been updated to include information regarding Policlinica, which amazingly had never even been mentioned in previous versions of the listing.  Tip of the hat to Betty Landis for noting the omission.

• 4 weeks later...

The Minister of Health, Miguel Mayo, announced yesterday that a 911 number to report medical emergencies will begin service in April, and will help coordinate the dispatch of ambulances.

Apart from MINSA, other affiliates of the 911 service will be SINAPROC, the Policia Nacional, the Bomberos, and the Caja de Seguro Social (once confirmed by the CSS board)

https://www.prensa.com/provincias/abril-entrara-numero-atencion-emergencias_0_4996000361.html#.Wr5FJc1QRMk.twitter

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 10:10 AM, Keith Woolford said:

The Minister of Health, Miguel Mayo, announced yesterday that a 911 number to report medical emergencies will begin service in April, and will help coordinate the dispatch of ambulances.

Apart from MINSA, other affiliates of the 911 service will be SINAPROC, the Policia Nacional, the Bomberos, and the Caja de Seguro Social (once confirmed by the CSS board)

https://www.prensa.com/provincias/abril-entrara-numero-atencion-emergencias_0_4996000361.html#.Wr5FJc1QRMk.twitter

Is that in service now?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...