How Many People Are Left To Get Banned On The .ning?

It appears that there are still 4 or 5 "trouble makers" on the .ning that have somehow escaped being banned. One wonders what happens when this last vestige of the former .ning gets the ol' heave-ho? Will it devolve into a continuous search for 9" pie tins? Oh, the DRAMA!!

Edited by Gordon Bakke
  • Upvote 2

Pretty soon most of us who have been around the longest and therefore have the best information and advice to offer will be gone from boquete.ning. That's a loss not only to ning but also to newcomers and to those exploring Boquete as a possible retirement destination. It looks as though it soon will enter the ranks of International Living and other publications that unconscionably, unethically entice people abroad without being honest about the realities.

• Upvote 4

I see no point in having accounts on both sites.   Either site can be read without an account.    The only reason for having an account is to be able to post.   Given the huge differences between the sites, it is probably best to examine which fits you better and support that one site.  Given the choice, I obviously prefer the freedom of this site.  I find that there are no so many fake and duplicate accounts.   People actually own their words.   Unlike many people, I prefer that once posted, it cannot be removed or edited.   It is much easier to follow the train of thought and if people are embarrassed by something they posted in the heat of the moment, a simply statement to that fact can be made expressing the regret.  It is honest.    

There are things I would change, such as having the activity stream as the main home page and removing the section of forums based on districts but this site is very young and still growing.   I expect it will evolve an some of those wishes will become a reality through the natural course of events.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Twin Wolf, you can edit your posts here. 

I agree, the Activity Stream would make a better home page, especially since people sometimes don't post in the right category for their subject matter.

Judy, please be careful. Here are the correct editing privileges: http://www.chiriqui.life/topic/57-how-do-we-edit-our-own-postings/

Moving the Activity Stream to the main forum index page is on my to-do list.

Keep the feedback coming. We are listening and responding as fast as we can.

• Administrators

Be careful of what?  I'm talking about, after I make a post, at the bottom there is an edit button to go back and correct a typo or add something else.  What am I supposed to be careful of?

I ask that people be careful about posting incorrect or misleading information. I do not believe that to be a burdensome request.

If you read the referenced Q&A post re editing on this website, you will read that members have a 15 minute grace period for editing their post, after which the post is locked. That means no more editing. As I read your words, I interpret them to mean an ability to edit forever. That is not the case, and thus misleading to those who read you post. This isn't a supercritical matter, but I do spend a fair amount of time helping people use this website, and I have heard more than once "but I read where you said xyz, and it doesn't work." It wasn't my xyz.

I am happy to see that you are getting more comfortable with Chiriqui.Life.

JudyS, I think your last comment to Admin 01 was over the top, unnecessary and uncalled for! Are you having a bad day? If yes, hope you feel better soon.

These people are helping me learn and use this communication chain, and probably helping a lot of others too. Let's all appreciate their help.