Looking for Grocery Store Food Items

Rey's in the health food sections n carries red mill steel cut oats and also rolled oats.  Rolled oats are the best, they take 10 min to cook adente and are terrific.  I add dried fruit, dates, apricots, blueberries, cinimon and nutmeg.  It makes wonderful oat meal all my guests rave about it.

Thank you for your sweet message, Bud. I really enjoyed the visit by you and Marcelyn. And I'm glad you got to meet my 16 dogs (although not "up close and personal") and hear some of their stories--horrible lives before, happy and healthy now.

By the way, Chris mentioned the steel-cut oats at El Rey. The old Berard's in Volcan has those, too. They stock a lot of Red Mill products, including gluten-free flour, qunioa, etc. Amazingly, the flour is less expensive than on Amazon! The quinoa is expensive. I ordered 4 lbs. of organic non-GMO quinoa from Amazon at a good price.

I have confidence in the Red Mill company. I emailed them to ask if their products contain any GMO ingredients. The helpful person said they can't guarantee it, but they do their best to source from reputable, non-GMO growers.

Price mart in the spice section there is a new product a mixture of flax seeds, hemp seeds and chia seeds. One heaping teaspoon per serving of oatmeal is a great addition, it give the oat meal a slightly crunchy texture.  I also add a tbl spoon of vanilla to the oat meal plus the dried fruits listed above.

people are welcome to come for breakfast, we have an incredible view and will prepare our famous oat meal served with yogurt and/or unsweetened almond milk and a side of fresh fruit.  We enjoy meeting new people.  You must call day before directions on our web site www.blackrockbnb.com.

Chris and Lauren 

Edited by Admin_01
converted URL into hot link

• 5 weeks later...

Arrocha pharmacy has distilled water.  If you're not going to drink it, places that sell car batteries have it.  It has been seen at Novey.  You probably won't find Nyquil.  Oddly I've never seen Tums or Rolaids here either.  Lots of name brands are not available, others are.  Arrocha is probably the best place to look for Nyquil.  You might just luck out.  Otherwise, ask somebody who is coming from the U.S. to bring it for you.

• Upvote 1

Quimicos Ibis in David carries distilled water... 775-8919/ email/proibis@cwpanama.net.

They sell it by the gallon. Safe for consumption.

I brought in an old bottle of NyQuil to the pharmacy at Romeros and they gave me one that is similar. Worked just as well.

5 hours ago, David van Harn said:

No Tums or Rolaids, but Farmacia Any carries Bayer's "Baytalcid" which is a great substitute.

Yes, Baytalcid works well, but it isn't tasty like Tums.

21 hours ago, TwoSailors said:

I brought in an old bottle of NyQuil to the pharmacy at Romeros and they gave me one that is similar. Worked just as well.

• 2 weeks later...