• Moderators

It is with the greatest sadness that I report the passing of Gunnar Lindahl earlier today. Gunnar and his wife Anita (Nita to close friends) lived in an extension of the Panamonte Estates for many years beginning in the early 2000s. Anita was the sister of Inga Collins, who was the owner of the Panamonte Hotel and Spa and other properties in this area. After Nita's passing about ten years ago, Gunnar then relocated to the Alto Boquete area, where he lived with his dog. About three years ago Gunnar relocated to Alabama to be close to his daughter Rosa, but still with his dog. Gunnar was in his early 90s, and was suffering from cancer. Gunnar was the consummate gentleman's gentleman, and always giving a helping hand to those in need.

RIP my friend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Moderator comment: Below is an email received from Rosa Lindahl earlier today, with a link to the recording of the memorial service for her father, Gunnar Knutson Lindahl. The service was held in Alabama earlier today, Saturday, September 5th, 2020.

Dear Friends:

Here is the link to the video of Dad’s service that I uploaded to Vimeo. The quality is just awful, and I am so sad about that. Right across the street there a group of people were mowing their lawn and there was also traffic. I didn’t have the equipment to minimize the background noise. And with my Apple iMovie app, my voice ended up almost unintelligible when I tried to reduce the background noise. The other minor crisis occurred when the camera recording the service went into sleep mode just as I was finishing the eulogy for my dad. I re-recorded the audio of that section but obviously, it is not the same as having captured it all. Please feel free to share this note with the link as you see fit, and Bud, I understood from you that you could paste the link in on your Facebook page. I know I am not alone in missing my dad something fierce!  Rosa