•  Letter from our President
•  Being Prepared on Radio Chiriqui
•  BHH  Tree of Life
•  Blood Drive Postponed
•  New Blood Donation Center in David
•  Importance of getting Printed Being Prepared for Life & Death
•  Our Mission

Letter from the President

There is a saying – “Déjà vu all over again.  Due to the increase in covid-19 cases in several provinces, including Chiriqui, we are facing a return to restrictions on our movements.  It is important to understand that until a vaccine is available, staying in our homes and not spending time with our friends is another step we can take to control this illness.

Initially there were three cases of the virus in Bajo Boquete and 14 in Alto Boquete.  All of these people recovered and there were no further infections because they stayed home and quarantined.  With the easing of restrictions, someone contracted the virus somewhere and brought it to our towns.  Now more people are ill and according to my latest information (July 25) there are:
    15 cases in Bajo Boquete
    22 cases in Los Naranjos
    42 cases in Alto Boquete
    7 cases in Palmira
    3 cases in Potrerillos
    2 cases in Potrerillos Abajo
    2 cases in Caldera
    1 case in Jaramillo
    84 cases in Dolega
These are cumulative figures, and don´t reflect those who recuperated, or are hospitalized, in home isolation, or deceased.

I am sure you join me in wishing these people a speedy recovery.  Let us do our part by staying home unless absolutely necessary, wearing face masks, washing our hands and, when going out, social distance from our friends and neighbors.

Boquete Health and Hospice is continuing to furnish equipment as needed.  No home visits are allowed, both to protect our patients and our volunteers.  No community events are on the calendar at this time.  If you think there is something BHH can do for you, please call our Nurse Administrator who will be glad to assist you.

Please be aware that there is a critical shortage of blood in Chiriqui.  There is a new blood donation center in David.  If you wish more information about donating, please WhatsApp our Blood Donor Team at 6590-2000 and someone will answer your questions.

I hope you will maintain a positive outlook on life and know we will see each other again soon.

"Being Prepared in Boquete
for Life and Death"

LIVE

Friday, August 7, 10-11am on
103.3 Radio Chiriqui

or listen online www.radiochiriqui.com.  . 

Boquete Health and Hospice
Helping Hands and Caring Hearts serving our community.

983fc3ff-7dbe-45ae-b475-4cde36f435f2.jpg
Boquete Health and Hospice
Tree of Life

Boquete Health and Hospice wants to publicly recognize our extremely dedicated volunteers and the very generous donors. The Tree of Life shows the volunteers as the roots of our organization, the trunk which contains the names of our Council and our Team Leaders and the leaves which contain the names of our donors.  

All three components are necessary for a tree (or organization) to survive and flourish.  Our volunteers give of their time and talents in order to serve our community.  The Council and Team Leaders are the leadership that makes the organization function effectively.  Our donors provide the financial resources that enable BHH to continue to provide services.  

Those who have donated $100 or more within the last 2 years are listed on the leaves.  Future donations that meet the threshold of $100 will be listed as well.

If you wish to join our group of volunteers, please complete the application form on our web site Click Here

Thank you to everyone who has helped make our tree strong and beautiful.

Donate Now

7db808b0-5490-4160-bc70-14d086b156d1.jpg

4cbc7931-799e-4729-ac02-d448eb500a1c.jpg
NEW OPTION FOR BLOOD DONORS
A new blood donation center opened June 18, 2020 in David - thanks to the David Rotary Club, MINSA, CSS and other generous donors.  It is operated by the Blood Bank facility of Hospital Regional Rafael Hernández, but offers the comfort of a separate clinic.  There is no need to enter the hospital and risk exposure to COVID-19.  Boquete Health and Hospice is proud to support this new clinic through a working relationship and a donation of funds.  You may contact us to arrange a blood donation at this facility.
WhatsApp 507-6590-2000 or email blood@boquetehealth.org
fd058308-7966-417a-adef-45aaf83ed24b.jpg
bff22b62-8d31-4ec4-a1c0-430318cdcbd1.jpg
4c18cf35-e40e-4c4e-ab51-1fff8ceb90b6.jpg
5883233b-1ee2-4353-9821-132a7f5d7287.jpg

17911121-6de4-4ea8-9fe6-be9f7cd2588c.jpg
Why You will Want to Buy the Printed Copy of  Being Prepared
When the new “Being Prepared in Boquete Guide” first became available, I got my pdf version. I was excited to receive this well prepared and very valuable reference material. Many excuses later I had yet to print the 36 page booklet, let alone begun compiling the necessary information.  Since this was not working for me,I decided to get the nicely printed and organized  booklet for $10 - one for me and one for a friend.  So glad I  did!!  My friend is so extremely appreciative for her copy.  If you have procrastinated as I did, I encourage you to get your copy.  JUST DO IT!
46e4d751-abe0-4c16-8f8f-607d252403d5.jpg

Get Your PDF Guide - Donate

Farmacia Revilla has new hours and are now making home deliveries.  Here is the information:

Delivero Revilla
6579-9714
9 AM to 6 PM
Lunes a Sábado

New hours:  7:30 AM to 6:45 PM
Closed Domingo

Our Mission

Our mission is to provide palliative care for the terminally ill in order that they may experience death with dignity and limited pain; to inform and promote community health; and, to support people with health and wellness needs by providing information, equipment and volunteer services.

To Make a Donation
 BHHF functions with donations provided by the community. If you are interested in supporting the work we do, please make a donation.

To make a financial contribution by check or cash contact Merl Will-Wallace,our treasurer,at dharma49@icloud.com to arrange a time and place to pick up your donation.

You can also click here to make an online Paypal donation.

For more information visit our website: http://www.boquetehealth.org

We also have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/boqueteheartshandsandhelp/?ref=bookmarks  Please Like our page and share the contents with your family and friends.

Confidentiality
All patient information shared with any Boquete Health and Hospice volunteer is kept in the strictest confidence.

To Contact Us

Hospice/Health:  (507) 6781-9250
8am to 5pm Monday to Friday,  9am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday    Please! 

Blood Donor Program: 
WhatApp (507)-6590-2000 or call (507)-6781-9250 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday,  9am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday, Please.

Email:  info@boquetehealth.org

Please Donate
Freely send this to anyone, use any part.

Our mailing address is:
info@boquetehealth.org