Buenos Vecinos de Boquete June Newsletter

View this email in your browser
c4b38af7-8762-42cc-b3f0-10957b034e7b.jpg

Panama Relocation Tours

Our friend Jackie Lange, the owner and tour operator of Panama Relocation Tours, tells us about her business and about her support for Buenos Vecinos de Boquete:

Since 2010 Panama Relocation Tours has been offering six-day all-inclusive tours of Panama for those who are considering relocating. The tour travels throughout Panama while we’re educating people about all the things they need to know to have a smooth stress-free move to Panama. We’ve completed more than one hundred and twenty tours. Sixty-five percent of our clients relocate to Panama within six months, and another ten percent relocate within a year. We’ve taught thousands of people how to relocate to Panama and many have moved to Boquete. Some have even found volunteer opportunities. In fact, I heard about Buenos Vecinos from some of my former clients who had made Boquete their home and then joined BVB as volunteers. Because I am so busy with my tour business I’m not able to donate my time, so I support BVB and other organizations financially instead. I believe that Boquete is blessed to have organizations like BVB and its team of volunteers who go above and beyond to help the needy in our community. It’s one of the many things that makes Boquete a special place to live.”

Buenos Vecinos is grateful to Jackie for her commitment and support. We hope Panama Relocation Tours can soon resume its services once again. We extend our best wishes for her continued success bringing new members to our community, people who are well-educated about their new home and who are eager to become involved in the life of our community. To learn more about Jackie’s company, visit PanamaRelocationTours.com

a80fc00f-7029-4388-8940-0afd3a9d7e43.jpe

Family of the Month June 2020 Valeria’s Family

There was excitement and anticipation in the air as Valeria’s children prepared to begin a new school year on March 3rd. Months of saving every dollar, and combining it with the government’s small education subsidy was finally enough so Valeria could purchase new school clothes, shoes and backpacks full of school supplies. However, the excitement was short-lived. The three school-age children, Elmer 9, Abraham 8 and Belkin 7, were only two weeks into this school year when the Covid-19 quarantine closed their school and sent the children into confinement at home. The only one who was happy about the situation was their little eighteen-month old brother Yejon; he had regained his playmates!

Home is a large but modest structure made of tin. Though there’s no electricity or running water in the house, they have a propane two-burner stove in their kitchen. This stove gets a real workout because the most remarkable thing about this house is the number of occupants. Twelve! Valeria and her four children have welcomed into their home their grandmother, Valeria’s three sisters and three of a sister’s children.

f82e59f6-3d45-4580-8227-45221f612b13.jpg

The activity and busyness of this extended family has been a welcome distraction from Valeria’s sadness and financial situation. Sixteen months ago Valeria’s husband and the children’s father died from drowning, a tragic accident that plunged this little family into even greater poverty. Yejon was only three months old, and besides raising children, cooking and washing clothes, Valeria’s only other skills were sewing and crocheting. Now she, her mother and three sisters sew native dresses and crochet small bags to provide a small income for them all. Even so, the appearance of the Buenos Vecinos volunteers bringing food to supplement this family’s meager pantry each month is a very welcome sight.

7ff47488-571f-4b88-86df-ff87a0ce757a.jpg
63f20e7e-5a36-4fe8-9329-26a5fabf7c01.jpg
3a378301-980d-407c-a82a-0726d8c32575.jpg

How to Help
If you would like to help our clients and the efforts of Buenos Vecinos de Boquete, we would appreciate your donation of any size. It’s important for you to know that we are a small all-volunteer force with no administrative or overhead costs. Every dollar of your donation goes to the purchase of food for out clients. When you make that important decision to help feed the less fortunate in our community, you have truly become a “good neighbor”. When you donate $400 a year or a little more than $33 a month, you become a Coconut Foundation Member as an acknowledgment of your concern and generosity. Donate Online: We use PayPal for easy and secure transactions.

pixel.gifd1603048-dd07-4f02-ad19-b88597571989.jpg

If you prefer to donate by cash or local check, please contact Louise Orr panamaleo@gmail.com for arrangements.

Be sure to check out our website and Facebook page:

Thank you!
Facebook
Website
Email

Copyright © 2020 Buenos Vecinos de Boquete, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp