Money Withdraws from Banks (ATM Transactions)

Have no idea of policy's here re the ATM.

My experience yesterday was my debit card transaction was refused 3 xs at Super Baru ATM Machine. An Employee confirmed that the machine was working. I was attempting, as usual, to withdraw $500 from my bank in the US"s daily limit. Went home worried about something wrong with my bank account. I checked... and All looked OK. I later viewed some info from others that it had happened to them too, so I was relieved.

My bank pays back the fees. I will check on Monday to see if I can get cash, and if I need to go to more than one machine. This is all I know at this point.

Wondered if others had more experience and information?  Thanks.

Global  Bank has never limited my withdrawls. My bank in the U.S. limits me to ONE withdrawl per 24 hrs with USA debit card and a fee is charged. If I use my USA debit card it WILL NOT give me my $500 limit because of the transaction fee puts me over my limit. Now that is just crazy. So, I withdraw less... I hardly EVER use my USA. I just drop an american check in my Global Bank account once a month.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, Erin Ross said:

Have no idea of policy's here re the ATM.

My experience yesterday was my debit card transaction was refused 3 xs at Super Baru ATM Machine. An Employee confirmed that the machine was working. I was attempting, as usual, to withdraw $500 from my bank in the US"s daily limit. Went home worried about something wrong with my bank account. I checked... and All looked OK. I later viewed some info from others that it had happened to them too, so I was relieved.

My bank pays back the fees. I will check on Monday to see if I can get cash, and if I need to go to more than one machine. This is all I know at this point.

Wondered if others had more experience and information?  Thanks.

Hi... was able to get $500 out today from US bank. At same ATM I had trouble with on Fri.

On Monday person in Banco General told me it was a temporary ATM system problem.

• Upvote 2

When all else fails reduce to amt down to $200. We have two card so 2 withdrawals at $5.50 each.   That's what we have had to do since our usual writing a check off our USA bank to deposit to Multibank is no longer an option. Bill will go to Scotia tomorrow and attempt a check written off our USA bank...see if we can accomplish that in that we have an account there as well.  Just have to go with the flow....

Edited by Brundageba