• Moderators

Moderator comment: Be careful. This may apply only to the Panama City area. Hopefully someone can research and clarify about Chiriqui residents.

License plate renewal online with delivery discount

licence.jpg

Posted 13/03/2020

Taxpayers will be able to pay vehicle traffic tax (license plate) online and the cost of delivery will be $ 12.00 from March 14 to 31 (regular cost $ 20.00).

To avoid the crowding of people in public offices, the Municipal Treasury of the Mayor's Office announced the authorization of the -plate delivery service "Placa por Delivery", for users in the capital district.

To obtain the service, you must access the website www.mupa.gob.pa, then "Online Procedures" in

the vehicles section. Once in this section choose the plate number and then the option "Placa por Delivery",

Remember that you must have your taxpayer number, if you do not have it you can call our call center 204-1100 / 202-9464.

For questionsyou  can enter the "online chat" through the Digital City Hall portal from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.

https://www.newsroompanama.com/business/license-plate-renewal-online-with-delivery-discount

• 3 months later...

Licences Plate renewal. ( ours expired in May)  

I see cars with 2020 plates that were purchased during the quarantine period.  One man I questioned this morning said he got his in Panama City ( no doubt that is where his car registry is) 

For those of us here, we have one month to get a new plate on our car if it is currently expired.  Can anybody tell me how this is done now? Is the Dolega Municipal Office open for that currently? 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Yes, the Municipality of Dolega is open, but is only serving one person at a time. The lineup when I passed there yesterday was over 30 people.

Take your Pensionado card. I believe there is a separate lineup.

I thought so too, Keith, but when I went to get my permissio there were actually 4 lines, each for something different.  I was out of there after 15 mins

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:

Our plate expired in May.  Today we went to Dolega Muni with our revisado in hand along with copies ( now available right across the street there).   The waiting line was no more than 10-15 people at any one time.  Work is done directly through the jalousy windows from the street to the office inside ( perfect set up)   More than one window is working.  It was a bit of a wait to find out the plates are not here.  I paid, and did receive an official document saying we are PAID and PLATED ( paper plated) for one year.  I was handed my change and papers then told I need to go to another office ( by the stadium) in 3 months with again copies of documents to get my plates ( but you know how that goes ) . ...and what office is that?  More discovery.

Next we tackle paying of our auto insurance that expires in August.  That's a whole nuther adventure.