How to stop spam messages! HELP!

I get dozens in messages in my Spam folder every day because they were sent to a non-existent yahoo account. (I deleted that particular yahoo account long ago.) Can anyone advise me how to stop these? If I don't delete them every day, I end up with hundreds! I just deleted 84 of the spam messages. HELP PLEASE.

Interestingly, I just noticed that I received and read a message from someone in my gmail account. That particular message was also copied into my Spam folder. 

Help! Thanks...

Dottie

• Moderators

I, too, would be interested in how to stop spam email. Heck, I would be happy with just a dramatic reduction. I am not expecting or wanting perfection.

Haven't found a solution yet that really works, including some applications (that cost money). With a very public email address because we administer a website, you would NOT believe how much time I spend separating the good stuff from the junk. Some applications work "just okay", but nothing really effective. For a while I was averaging about 1,200 junk emails per day, but have been able to get it down to about 200 a day recently. Email from Brazil and Russia are the worst offenders.

WOW !   Please let us all know how you did reduce the amount down.  I am blown away at that 1200/day email-spam amount and do appreciate the time you had to spend to separate the wheat from the shaft, just because you are a moderator of such a helpful site as this one.   .........Alison

Edited by Brundageba

I solved my particular spam problem. I discovered that in addition to real spam, every time I received a legitimate message in my gmail account, a "non-deliverable" identical message appeared in my spam folder...."can't deliver to muffiemae@yahoo.com." I discovered that I could set up a filter to automatically delete anything that contained "muffiemae@yahoo.com." So far, so good.

However, I do have another computer problem: After a massive computer crash and loss of many files, when I click to open some of the remaining files, I get this message.

image.png.1ba3c2327f2fd906b837bc803537c184.png

I've done search after search and can't figure out how to get rid of this message and actually open the file. Information anyone? Thanks.

Dottie

• Thanks 1