Under counter electrical on-demand water heater

Does anybody have any experience with these small heaters for heating water in your kitchen sink.

Did you buy it locally? Where did you buy it? How much was it? Does it increase your electricity bill a lot?

Curious minds want to know. Thanks much.

Hi, Penny,

Do you mean an "insta-hot", as for hot beverages, or a small tank-type heater? In either event, check the available electrical service against the unit rating. Also, marginal water quality can reduce service life of immersed electrical elements, so pre-filtration may be in order along with proscribed maintenance.

Bueno suerte,

Dav

Edited by WryAwry

Thank you plumber Dav. This is for a kitchen sink that is plumbed for water but not plumbed into the large gas on demand water heater. It will be used for doing dishes. They all run on 110 so I think I'm good there. The water is filtered for sand before it enters the house.

Anything limiting connection to the existing water heater? Likely more economical to operate in the long run.

For an undercounter tank-type, I'd recommend at least five gallons. Got a model #? Even with 110v, some units require a dedicated 20A service -- worth checking first!

Drain tank-type heaters 1x/year.

• Downvote 1