Computer gurus re yahoo--please HELP!

During the recent past I've been getting dozens of "mail can't be delivered" messages regarding muffiemae@yahoo.com. I don't even recall signing up with that name, and I've spent hours trying to find a solution. One page says "that email address is already in use." But I can't find a password for it, and I want to GET RID of that yahoo "muffiemae@yahoo.com" forever. I do have one other yahoo account that I want to keep, mountainviviendo.com.  Others need to be deleted. Yahoo has absolutely the WORST so-called "customer service."

Please help! Thanks!

• Moderators

Dottie,

This posting probably won't be of much help to you, but being in the business that I am (running CL and supporting News.Boquete) it appears that Yahoo is going through some kind of "housecleaning" of aged or unused/underused/abused email accounts. My research has led me to several postings (rantings would be a more appropriate characterization) by people who are being hampered in trying to fix their Yahoo email problems. Nothing complimentary, at least so far, in this matter.

Apparently, Bud. It would be nice if they would just REMOVE the aged or unused accounts instead of sending me dozens of emails EVERY DAY  stating

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to muffiemae@yahoo.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

I've spent hours trying to solve this problem--with no success. So far today I've received 16 of these "notices." And I've been gone most of the morning and not using my computer much at all.

• Moderators

Dottie, perhaps Dan Porter can help (remotely). He used to live here, but moved to Medellin. We find him to be incredibly competent and has taken care of everything we have asked of him so far. And his rates are good as well. You can contact Dan via PM here on CL using his profile name  @Twin Wolf Technology Group. Just hover your mouse over his idea and then click on the "message" link. (CL does not disclose email addresses.)

Hopefully you are using Windows. Not sure if Dan is experienced with Apple machines, but he may be. I just don't know.