• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting, but does this app work only with Chrome? I'm a bit confused on the operating environment that it requires or uses.

I don't often see the word inflection used. This suggests that maybe you are trained in linguistic matters. I do like that it works with inflected words. According to Wikipedia:

In grammar, inflection or inflexion – sometimes called accidence – is the modification of a word to express different grammatical categories such as tense, case, voice, aspect, person, number, gender, and mood. The inflection of verbs is also called conjugation, and one can refer to the inflection of nouns, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, determiners, participles, prepositions, postpositions, numerals, articles etc, as declension.

The reason for elaborating here a bit is that about 40 years ago I worked with a lady who had a Ph.D. in neuro-linguistics. At that time I did not understand what that term meant, but with time I have begun to appreciate the importance of understanding the underlying word structures, and etymology in general. My interest in this app comes from the possibility of having been introduced to a new educational tool.

An everyday example here in Panama about how understanding words can help integrate cultures is found in how words crossover between languages. For instance, while driving around road construction or poorly designed roads, it is often that one will see the word "profundo". When I first moved here I had to look up what it translated into -- deep is one such translation, and so the sign was warning about deep trenches, etc. And then the word got linked in my mind with the English word "profound". This is such a simple thing -- some called it a "duh moment", but for me it was a "profound" (pardon the play on words here) enlightenment. There are numerous examples of words crossing over.

Thanks for your posting. I will look into your suggested app a bit more.