U.S. Embassy Boquete Citizen Liaison Volunteers (CLVS) March 5, 2019 Report

NewsLady

Dear All,

Please visit www.TVChiriqui.com and go to the U.S. Embassy Boquete Citizen Liaison Volunteers (CLVS) Channel to view U.S. Embassy Boquete CLVS Reports.

While you are visiting TVChiriqui.com we invite you to go to the Videos Generales Channel where you can view the following videos:

Nutre Hogar at BCP

Volcan Baru The Next Eruption

Globalstar Works for Floating Doctors (English)

Globalstar Works for Floating Doctors (Espanol)

The History and Future of Coffee in Boquete with Maria Ruiz

Floating Doctors and Globalstar in the Field

Floating Doctors Thank Globalstar

Floating Doctors le dan las gracias Globalstar

Milagros Sanchez Pinzon at the BCP Theater in Boquete – History of Boquete English y Espanol

News, Dark no more, and BCP Security Meetings

The Alcalde de Boquete Channel has videos from the office of the Alcalde de Boquete from March 2015 to May 2017 with commentary by Maria Ruiz for all except for the March 15, 2015 commentary by Lee Zeltzer.

All the best from all of us at TVChiriqui.

1 hour ago, BD said:

Is this a joke post? Can’t find anything relevant on that website. Nothing about any channel, much less the liaison channel mentioned.

The CLV link doesn’t appear on my iPhone or iPad, but it does on my desktop.   Instead, the third link is Videos en Vivo. ????

By the way, in case it isn’t clear, this is a video of the presentation that the CLVs gave at the Tuesday morning meeting at BCP a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Bonnie

Wrong. It doesn’t show anywhere. Top, bottom, left, right, center, in between, upside down, or inside out. Are you saying I now have to go purchase a desktop computer to see something? Those TV guys are either a joke or incompetent. Get real.

• Downvote 2

I now am able to access the video on all my devices: desktop computer, iPad, and iPhone. 

I agree that BD was caustically rude. Those persons putting together the video are unpaid volunteers who offered their time to make available a presentation important to U.S. expats—a presentation that was “sold out” and that many who attended therefore were unable to participate in.  I, for one, applaud their community service.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As the Tuesday Talk coordinator for BCP, I wish to extend my thanks and appreciation for the unpaid and undervalued efforts of those volunteers who help us create these videos and disseminate them to our expat community.  Their efforts are greatly appreciated, and this information is made readily available to everyone whenever they need access.  If you are having difficulty viewing the videos, please consult a local technical expert - I am sure they will be able to help you!

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that the links for TVChiriqui are problematic because the site uses java which Apple iOS devices do not support and was removed from Apple's Safari browser some time ago. On Apple desktops, Java must be manually downloaded and installed for javascript on websites to function properly. A direct link instead of the hidden menu drop down to the youtube video would make it much easier for tablet and iPhone users.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:36 PM, George said:

It appears that the links for TVChiriqui are problematic because the site uses java which Apple iOS devices do not support and was removed from Apple's Safari browser some time ago. On Apple desktops, Java must be manually downloaded and installed for javascript on websites to function properly. A direct link instead of the hidden menu drop down to the youtube video would make it much easier for tablet and iPhone users.

It turns out that TV Chiriqui does not use Java.

Accordingly, please disregard the message above which I will delete in the next few days.

Greetings to the community at Chiriqui.Life.  I am the person who took, edited, encoded, and published the video of the U.S. Embassy Boquete Citizen Liaison Volunteers (CLVS) Report on March 5, 2019.  Many of you will recall that upon that video’s release, Apple users, particularly those with iPads and iPhones, experienced frustration trying to view the Report.

I apologize for my delay in providing support to those inconvenienced, but I am an old guy and learned long ago that knee jerk reactions are usually imprudent.

So, what caused the problems?  Most browsers running under any operating system, such as Apple iOS and Windows, keep copies on your device of the web pages you visit.  This is called “caching” and helps to speed up your surfing should you wish to review a page you have previously visited and to reduce the server’s load.  If you like, you can learn more about caching here.

The next time cache failure rears its ugly head, try this:

How to clear cache in Safari for iOS Users

How to clear cache in Edge for Windows

How to clear cache in Chrome for Windows

How to clear cache in Chrome for Android

Of course, I am aware that it is easier to get frustrated, angry, and point fingers. However, since you are going to use a computer, controlling the underlying technology will make your experience more enjoyable.  To that end, I hope the above provides the tools you need.

In closing, contrary to the disparaging declarations made by some contributors and their enabler(s) in this thread, those involved with the video are neither incompetent nor ignorant concerning matters of the workings of the World Wide Web and its technologies.  The web developer works every day in the United States consulting and designing for corporations, including Fortune 500 companies.  Some of his clients and sites would be known to many of you.  In fact, the volunteers who published the subject video have more than enough experience to fully understand that no good deed goes unpunished and that the challenge was/is a function of Safari and the Apple products on which it runs.

The TV Chiriqui web site does not use Java, precisely because it is not well supported.  A web site’s ability to adjust to devices of varying size and to different browsers is known as being “responsive”.  The TV Chiriqui site is responsive.

TV Chiriqui appreciates your viewership!  I hope you will take a moment to consider other TV Chiriqui content.  Unlike some expat-focused web sites, the programming is provided to the community free of charge, opinion, advertisements and without request for donations or support of any kind

This link will take you to TV ChiriquiIf you prefer, the TV Chiriquí YouTube Channel offers many of the same videos.

Please Note:  TV Chiriqui uses YouTube to serve its videos.  Like most video providers, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, YouTube keeps track of your progress should you start, but not finish watching a video.  So, if you have partially watched a video streamed by YouTube, it will pick up where you left off upon your return.  To restart the video from the beginning, click the extreme left of the timeline at the bottom of the video frame.