Sign in to follow this  
Penny

Buying gas -- a small saga

I needed gas (actually diesel) so I decided to pay attention to all the gas station prices between Boquete and Price Smart. There's a couple of stations I usually buy gas at because in my experience they are cheaper. I was surprised on this trip to discover that the cheapest station for diesel is the new Terpel station in Los Algorrobos. And, the bonus is that they will pump the gas for you even though you've pulled into the Autoservicio pump. 😄

Fuel prices are set dependent on distance from the Terminal in Panama City to the point of sale. They are monitored by Acodeco.

23 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Fuel prices are set dependent on distance from the Terminal in Panama City to the point of sale. They are monitored by Acodeco.

I've read that, but why are fuel prices are often cheaper in Boquete than in David, at least for diesel?

The only way to really check would be to compare pump prices at various locations on the exact same day as they change every other Friday.

Also.. I’m not sure if there’s a discount for self service.

I think self serve is maybe 1/2 cent/litre cheaper.  I usually compare the price at the Terpel in Dolega and the one on the Interamerican going towards Pricesmart.  Sometimes a cent or a bit more cheaper in David.  The Delta station in Dolega is always a bit more than the Terpel, but they pump your fuel there.

saga

[sah-guh]

noun

any very long story with dramatic events or parts

18 hours ago, Alain said:

saga

[sah-guh]

noun

any very long story with dramatic events or parts

That's why it's a "small" saga

• Haha 1