Panama Bill

Propane BBQ gas tank refill

Service stations and convenience stores (chinos) usually have them. They will be stacked outside, usually in. Locked cage, so you can see them.

Thank you Bonnie. Do they refill your own tank or do you have to buy a new one or exchange it? This tank is for a BBQ so it has different kind of fitting than just a regular butane tank.

I think they just exchange, but I have little familiarity beyond that as I don’t have a gas bbq and have my propane delivered. I feel someone else will know the answer, though.

I think there are some bar-b-que tanks that come with the bar-b-que when you buy them that can only be exchanged or filled at the store where you bought it, unless you change out the regulator.

If you have the standard 20lb tank, change it out for a 25 lbs jobbie.  Much cheaper.

Novey will exchange your bbq tank for a new one. There is also a place on the Pan American outside and to the East of David that will refill your tank. In the long run, it's much cheaper to buy a Tropi-gas or Pana-gas tank and regulator and make the conversion.

• Upvote 1