Major recycling change

NewsLady

I’m deeply sorry to report that until further notice there will be no more recycling at the fairgrounds. The reason is, we lost our Connection at the frontera that was vital in picking up and taking away our collections. We will work nonstop to find another way to do this but for now please do not bring any more recycling to the fairgrounds.

RRR Boquete

A reliable source has told me that the "for-profit" recycling facility next to the Bible Church is willing to take everything including your plastic and glass (i.e. wine bottles). In the past they wouldn't take those two items.

I like to support this facility as a family depends on it for income.

• Upvote 1

We take our recyclables to this location next to Bible Church. Have never found it closed and an employee helps carry heavier items. We place cardboard/paper items into a separate container. Glassware (including wine bottles) always accepted.

This system means we don’t “store” our recyclables, but deposit them when convenient to us.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:16 AM, Penny said:

A reliable source has told me that the "for-profit" recycling facility next to the Bible Church is willing to take everything including your plastic and glass (i.e. wine bottles). In the past they wouldn't take those two items.

A clarification--they take your plastic and glass but then they take it to the landfill. Hold those items until RRR has found a new buyer.