Banistmo Debit Card - Renewal Hint

My phone lights up with an SMS message from Banistmo, about twice a week since the end of August, telling me that my debit card will expire soon and to visit a branch to request a new one.

The card says it is "good thru 12/18", so the it seems that the bank is planning ahead to avoid delays in replacing the card. Nice.

Hoping to put an end to the tiresome SMS nagging, I stopped in this morning at the Plaza Terronal branch, and was happy to find only a short line at the triage/receptionist desk.

But then he declined my request, saying that my card is good through December, and that he could only accept my request after December 1.

I nominate Banistmo for this month's customer (dis)service award....

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jim Bondoux said:

My phone lights up with an SMS message from Banistmo, about twice a week since the end of August, telling me that my debit card will expire soon and to visit a branch to request a new one.

The card says it is "good thru 12/18", so the it seems that the bank is planning ahead to avoid delays in replacing the card. Nice.

Hoping to put an end to the tiresome SMS nagging, I stopped in this morning at the Plaza Terronal branch, and was happy to find only a short line at the triage/receptionist desk.

But then he declined my request, saying that my card is good through December, and that he could only accept my request after December 1.

I nominate Banistmo for this month's customer (dis)service award....

Jim, this brings up that old question:  Who in the heck is in charge, anyway? Yikes!