The Boquete Feria de Las Flores y del Café 01/12/2017The Boquete Feria de Las Flores y del Café begins Thursday, January 12th and runs until Sunday, January 22nd. For those who have not yet seen -- and experienced -- this magnificent fair, you are in for a treat, and some inconveniences. Most importantly, you must see all of the flowers and the tiendas at and around the Fair Grounds here in Boquete. During these eleven days you also need to be extremely careful, especially while driving and in planning your activities. In recent years there have been well in excess of 100,000 visitors to Boquete. Last year that number was closer to 200,000, and some predictions for 2017's Fair are closer to 300,000 people coming to our area to see the Fair. Traffic congestion will be the norm. Getting seats in restaurants will be difficult at times. Parking spaces will essentially be nonexistent. Buying groceries may be difficult and time consuming. Busses will be parked on the side streets, making driving difficult. There will be lots (as in LOTS) of people walking, standing around the bridge and the Feria and the many tiendas (small shops and stands [kiosks]) while taking pictures, talking, viewing the scenery, etc. Please be extremely attentive while driving, and drive slowly. Some streets will be blocked and require passes to use them. Other streets will simply be blocked based on congestion. Please be careful of your personal items, such as purses and wallets. Having so many people in one area creates a prime target for pickpockets and other maliantes to do their thing. To repeat, most importantly, you must see all of the flowers and the tiendas at and around the Fair Grounds here in Boquete. Three closing thoughts. First: enjoy. Second: be safe. Third: you might wish to post your pictures, comments, reviews, etc., here on CL (start a topic or reply to an existing topic in http://www.chiriqui.life/forum/118-boquete-feria-de-las-flores-y-del-café/). To provide general feedback or ask for help regarding Chiriqui.Life, please leave a posting in Problems, Feedback and Suggestions or email firstname.lastname@example.org or private message to @Admin_01.
Overview of the Terms & Rules
Please remember that Chiriqui Life is not responsible for any content posted on this website. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by using the "Report Post" link next to the name of the post. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
To use our services, you:
- Must be at least 13 years old.
- May need to register with Chiriqui Life to access and use some of our services and information content.
- Must not initiate or participate in any activities on our services that are illegal, harmful, or interfere with anyone's use of our services.
If you wish to post content on Chiriqui Life, you:
- May post content that you create or have been given permission to post by the owner, that is legal, and that doesn't violate our Terms & Rules.
- Are solely responsible for content that you post to our services and assume all risks of posting personal information online.
- Continue to own the content that you post, but grant Chiriqui Life an unlimited, non-exclusive license to use and distribute your content.
The content on Chiriqui Life Is:
- Owned by us and may only be used as we specify.
- For general information, discussion, and entertainment purposes only; Chiriqui Life makes no representations or guarantees about the truth, accuracy, applicability, or quality of any content.
You also agree that Chiriqui Life:
- Can change or end our services at any time without notice.
- Can place advertising, which supports our services, within applications, on web pages, and on mobile devices.
Specific Rules are divided into two categories: Global Rules and Forum Specific Rules. Global Rules apply across the entire website. Forum Specific Rules may be invoked on a forum-by-forum basis as applicable, and are in addition to the Global Rules, but only for that forum.
- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way. Refer to the Site Guidelines.
- No “Flaming.” Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.
- No “Trolling.” Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes content in profiles and signatures and the URL links contained therein.
- No “Spamming.” Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not mass-PM (private message) or mass-email multiple members of this site with the same message. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count or improve your “reputation.”
- No “Bumping” (referring to Your threads/posts). Please do not repeatedly bump your threads to try and get attention. Most members of the site are not online 24 hours a day and so will not see your post the instant it is made. Do not bump a thread within 24 hours, and not more than twice a week.
- No “Bumping” (referring to Other’s threads/posts). Before replying to a thread, take notice of the last post date. Try and avoid replying to posts more than 6 months old. If you have a similar question or comment and cannot find the answer, create your own thread. Generally speaking, due to the progression of time, posts more than 6 months old are more than likely going to be non-applicable to the contemporary situation.
- Do not abuse the reputation logging system.
- Do not abuse the reporting of content function.
- No Offensive Material. Period. Do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, and/or otherwise violate any local or international laws or community standards. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images, photos and avatars, and URL links contained therein. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
- No distribution of copyrighted material is to take place on this site without the expressed permission of the copyright holder, which must be attached to the material.
- No self-promotion.
- Staff has complete discretion over what is and is not acceptable on the site. Staff decisions are final.
- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.
- Stay on topic. Human nature is such that people can easily diverge from a topic or thread. If you need to shift the topic, then start a new thread or topic.
- Postings may be moved to more appropriate forums at the sole discretion of the staff.
- All postings are subject to moderation, locking, hiding, and potentially deletion.
- Once a member has posted something on Chiriqui Life, they have a fifteen (15) minute grace period in which to review and then take one of two actions: (a) to do nothing, or (b) to edit the content; erasing the entire posting is not permitted. Once that fifteen minute grace period has expired, then the posting is locked. Administrators and moderators can edit any content on the website at any time. A request by a member to edit one of their locked postings would have to be justified. A request by a user to edit a posting by someone else will be disregarded.
- Email addresses provided by users during the registration process will be validated prior to activation of an account, and may be re-validated at anytime by staff. Accounts that fail the email validation procedure are subject to closure.
- Users applying for an account are required to provide a "real name". The real name is different from a chosen user ID (Display Name) for posting purposes. The real name cannot be blank. Once entered, it cannot be changed by the user; administrators can correct data in this field if requested and justified. The real name field is visible to everyone using this website. For a person, the real name consists of a first and last name; for a company or business or group or club, the real name must be the public name by which that entity is known. An entry for a real name will be reviewed during the registration process, and must be valid and acceptable to staff prior to activation of a new account. Chiriqui Life reserves the right to request documentation for a claimed real name, and may decline activation of an account if documentation is requested but denied. The real name, the email address, and the IP address that are used for registration are checked against public resources identifying known spammers, etc.
- Check your grammar and spelling. Verify dates and times if applicable. Review your content before posting to be sure that critical information is not missing or misstated. Once posted, content cannot be changed or deleted by a user. For a critical error, administrators and moderators can modify content provided there is sufficient justification.
- Be aware that English may not be the primary language of those reading your content. Short and simple declarative sentences work best.
- Content being posted must be directly relevant to life in Chiriqui Province. As an example, topics whose main theme is on gun control in the USA or world economic turmoil are NOT acceptable for this website. If those kinds of issues arise incidental to a topic that is about life in Chiriqui Province, then such content would be acceptable.
Forum Specific Rules
Forum Specific Rules apply to the certain categories or forums. Rules specific to a forum will be posted in the header of that forum. Please read the announcements, thread descriptions, and sticky threads/postings in the forums for further details. Forum Specific Rules are in addition to the Global Rules, and do not replace Global Rules, although a Forum Specific Rule may override identified Global Rules. For instance, “want ads” in the classified information category are totally acceptable; that is what that forum is about. But asking a question about automobile repair facilities in a forum related to health care resources (as an example) would not be acceptable.